Questions and Answers on Plate Production Knowledge Publication time: 2010 edition Editing items: Metallurgical Vocational Skills Training Series Introduction This book is one of the "Metallurgical Vocational Skills Training Series". This book is in the form of question and answer, from the perspective of actual production and quality control of medium and heavy plates, combining the concept of medium and heavy plates, raw materials used, production process, main production equipment, production methods, production technology, steel plate performance inspection, main quality defects, etc. The production experience, basic knowledge and theoretical knowledge of the aspects, a concise and concise introduction to the relevant aspects of the plate production process and other aspects. The book is divided into 10 chapters, including an overview of plate production, raw materials and heating, plate rolling, plate rolling mills and control technology, controlled rolling and controlled cooling, steel finishing, steel heat treatment, steel inspection, steel plate appearance Quality, new product development of plate etc. This book can be read by iron and steel enterprises, especially operators, technicians and managers who are engaged in medium-thick production operations, quality control, heat treatment of steel plates, and quality inspection. Unit technical staff and relevant professional teachers and students of colleges and universities.
Chapter 1 Overview of Medium and Heavy Plate Production Section 1 Concept and Application of Medium and Heavy Plate
1. What is a plate?
2.What is the main purpose of the plate?
3.How are plates classified?
4.What are the technical conditions for the production of medium and heavy plates?
5.How is the technical standard for medium and heavy plates classified?
6.What are the common national standards for plate?
7. What are the aspects of the quality of the plate?
8.What are the delivery status of plate?
Quality description of plate
9.What is the mechanical performance of medium and thick plates?
10.What is the process performance of medium and heavy plate?
11.What is the welding performance of medium and heavy plates?
12.What is the internal organization of steel?
13.What is the surface quality of the steel plate?
14.What is the shape of the plate?
15.What is the flatness of the steel plate?
16.What is the dimensional deviation of plate?
17. What level of dimensional accuracy can the current medium and thick plates achieve?
Chapter 2 Raw Materials and Heating Section 1 Raw Materials 1. Technical Requirements of Raw Materials
18.How are raw materials classified by chemical composition?
19.How many kinds of raw materials are used for plate?
20.What are the characteristics of rolling steel produced by using ingots to produce primary rolled billets?
21.What are the requirements for raw material selection?
22.What are the main defects of the billet?
23. What are the common cleaning methods for raw material surface defects and what are the requirements?
24. What does raw material acceptance include?
25. What are the main contents and steps of medium and thick plate blank design?
Second, continuous casting slab
26.Why use continuous casting slab widely?
27. How to evaluate the quality of continuous casting slabs?
28. What is the purity of continuous casting slab?
29. What is the surface quality of the continuous casting slab?
30. What is the appearance and shape inspection of the continuous casting slab?
31. What is the internal quality of the continuous casting slab?
32. What are the technical requirements for continuous casting slabs?
33. What is the internal structure of the continuous casting slab?
34. What is the carbon content range of peritectic steel and what are its solidification characteristics?
35. How does the brittle temperature zone of steel affect the temperature of the slab into the furnace?
36. What are the size requirements for continuous casting slabs in the production of medium and heavy plates?
37. How to determine the size of continuous casting slab?
Defects of continuous casting slab
38. What are the surface defects of continuous casting slabs?
39. What is the longitudinal crack on the surface of the continuous casting slab?
40.What is the longitudinal crack in the corner of the slab?
41. What is the transverse crack on the surface of the slab?
42. What is a star crack on the surface of the slab?
43. What are pinholes and bubbles on the surface of the slab?
44. What is the internal defect of continuous casting slab?
45. What is the center segregation of continuous casting slab?
46. What is the looseness of the center of the continuous casting slab?
47.What is the internal crack of continuous casting slab?
48. What is the inclusion group in the continuous casting slab section?
49. What is the belly of the continuous casting slab?
50. What is the low magnification composition of a continuous casting slab?
51. What are the causes and characteristics of the center segregation of continuous casting slabs?
52. The central segregation zones of continuous casting slabs are divided into several categories, and how are they classified?
53. What is the harm of continuous casting slab center defect to steel plate?
54. What are the main reasons for delamination caused by looseness and shrinkage?
4. Smelting requirements for continuous casting slabs
55. What are the requirements for modern slab production technology for smelting?
56. Why improve the cleanliness of continuous casting slabs?
57. What are the main technical measures for controlling inclusions in steel during steelmaking and continuous casting?
58. What are the main reasons for the susceptibility of surface cracks in slabs caused by niobium microalloyed steel?
59. What is the significance of ensuring the surface quality of the slab?
Section 2 Heating of Raw Materials I. Basic Knowledge of Raw Materials Heating
60. What is the purpose of raw material heating?
61. What are the requirements for billet heating?
62. What are the physical properties of steel when it is heated?
63. What are the structural changes of steel when it is heated?
64. Generally, the heating of raw materials is divided into several stages. What is the purpose?
65.What is the control requirement of the furnace for the length of the billet?
Control of heating furnace and heating furnace
66. Which types of heating furnaces for medium and heavy plate production are divided according to their structure?
67. How is the continuous heating furnace divided and what are its characteristics?
68. What is a walking furnace and what are its advantages?
69. What is a push-iron heating furnace and what are its characteristics?
70. What is a regenerative heating furnace and what are its characteristics?
71. What is a heat storage body and what are the types of heat storage body?
72. Why use a stepping tapper?
73. What are the requirements of steel heating process system and what are the requirements?
74. What is the push steel ratio and how does it affect the heating operation?
75. What is the oven curve, and how to make it?
76. What are the precautions for the oven?
77. What is the calorific value (calorific value) of fuel?
78. what is called excess air and excess air coefficient?
79. Why does the furnace need to maintain a slightly positive pressure in the furnace?
80. How to judge whether the ratio of air to fuel (gas or natural gas) is appropriate based on the color of the flame?
81. What is included in the heating process of the billet?
82. How to consider the heating temperature range of steel?
83. What factors limit the heating rate of steel?
84. How to determine the heating time of steel?
85. What is the temperature system of the heating furnace?
86. The automatic combustion control of continuous heating furnace is composed of several parts, what is the role of each part?
Chapter 3 Rolling of Medium and Heavy Plates Section 1 Basic Concepts Section 2 Main Economic and Technical Indicators for Medium and Heavy Plate Production Section 3 Preparations Before Rolling Section 4 Rough Rolling Section 5 Finishing Rolling Section 6 Rolling of Other Steel Plates Preparation of Section 7 Rolling Regulations Chapter 4 Control of Medium and Heavy Plate Rolling Mills Section 1 of Rolling Mill Control of Section 2 Thickness and Shape of Section 3 Rolling Mills Section Section 5 Control of Rolling and Control The role and influence of cooling in the first section of alloying elements in steel The second section of the effects of alloying elements on the steel structure The third section of the strengthening of alloys in steel The fourth section of the control of rolling and cooling The sixth chapter of steel finishing Section Straightening of Section 2 Section 2 Cooling of Section 3 Section Shearing of Section 4 Section Non-destructive Inspection of Section 5 Section Surface Cleaning of Section 6 Section Surface Marking of Section 7 Section 7 Cutting of Steel Samples Collection and stacking of steels Chapter 7 Heat treatment of steels Section 1 Heat treatment facilities for steels Section 2 Heat treatment of steels Chapter 8 Inspection of steels Section 1 Inspection of mechanical properties of steels Section 2 Hardness tests of steels Section 3 Weldability test of steel fourth Approval of steel for hull structure Section 5 Inspection of other properties of steel Section 6 Structural inspection of steel Section 7 Common metallographic structure of steel Chapter 9 Appearance quality of steel plate Section 1 Inspection of appearance and shape of steel plate Section 2 Appearance of steel plate Quality Defects Chapter 10 References for New Product Development and New Rolling Technology for Medium and Heavy Plates